Parents need support and encouragement too! Facing the daily challenges of raising a family is difficult. The Family Capacity Program supports and promotes improvement in parenting.
The Family Capacity Program’s goal is to promote a healthy family environment for children to grow and mature into healthy adults. We support parents through a process of skill building in areas of consistency, structure and communication to enhance healthy relationships with their children. This is matched with education on the developmental, emotional and attachment needs of children. Gaining this knowledge provides the parent with an understanding of “Why do they do that?” and to apply various skills.
Our work is to support parents be the best they can for their children.
Providing skill building and knowledge in:
- Assertive parenting skills
- Positive Communication
- Managing anger and defiance
- Promoting positive behaviours
- Understanding of misbehaviours
- Developmental needs
- Understanding of ADHD and Anxiety
- Parenting as team work
- Shared parenting due to separation and divorce
- Conflict resolution
- Building positive relationships
To learn more, please call Chloe McKinley at (250) 746-5521 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development. The staff members responsible for providing this service are:
- Chloe McKinley, M.A.,Registered Clinical Counsellor
- Karin Stotzer, BA, Family Support Worker